Seventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety (COP-MOP 7) Pyeong Chang, Republic of Korea, 29 September to 3 October 2014.
- PRRI Opening Statement (not delivered)
- PRRI statement on Socio-Economic Considerations
- PRRI statement on Assessment and Review
- PRRI statement on Risk Assessment
- PRRI statement on Contained Use
PRRI co-organised side events
29 September 2014: PRRI – ISAAA side event “GMOs in the pipeline”
The side event discussed current and planned public research in modern biotechnology. Objectives – progress – challenges.
- “Seeds of hope: Introduction to crop improvement for Food security” – Dr. Lucia de Souza, ANBIO, Brazil
- “GMOs in the Pipelines in Developing Countries-focus on public sector products” – Prof. Desiree Hautea, UPLB, Malaysia.
- “Seeds of Destruction: Sowing Misinformation and Unethical Communication Practices” – Dr. Mahaletchumy Arujanan, Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC), Malaysia
30 September 2104: ISAAA – PRRI side event “What opportunities for post-patent data access and stewardship?”.
The side event discussed the issues surrounding accessing post-patent-expiration the data for genetically modified events in crop biotechnology, and the necessity that interested parties ensure proper stewardship of ‘generic’ events..
- “Post-Patent access & stewardship – Transitioning from Proprietary to Generic Biotech Events” – J. Thomas Carrato.
Earth Negotiation Bulletins:
Day 4: http://www.iisd.ca/download/pdf/enb09634e.pdf