ASK-FORCE discusses publications about biosafety and biotechnology that have gained much public attention but which are not supported by a clear majority of peer reviewed scientific publications.
The ASK-FORCE initiative, chaired by em. Prof. Klaus Ammann, is a collaborative activity between PRRI the EFB Forum and AgBioWorld. The texts are peer reviewed by a range of well known experts in their field of green biotechnology from the following three organisations: PRRI, EFB and AgBioView. The new ASK-FORCE contributions are sent after reviewing to the members of PRRI, the European Federation of Biotechnology and subscribers of AgBioWorld, they are also mentioned in GMObelus , CheckBiotech and other Networks.
Dr. Dennis Eriksson, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp, Sweden
Prof. Dr. Hans Holmen, Linköpping University, Sweden
The ASK-FORCE working group is calling for members, who are willing to actively acquire and suggest new topics.
2. Human and animal health
- Rebuttal to a review of Dona and Arvanitoyannis 2009
- Are rat organs damaged after feeding on GM soybeans as Ermakova claims?
- Did Monsanto transgenic hybrid maize lower the fertility of mice (Background)
- Did Monsanto’s transgenic hybrid maize lower the fertility of mice?
3. Environmental safety
- Is the impact of Bt maize on non-target insects really significantly negative?
- Are GM crops killing honey bees?
- Do aquatic organisms suffer from residues and protein of Bt maize?
- Biodiversity and GM crops