The event was hosted by MEP Hannu Takkula and MEP Clara Aguilera, and organised by the farming organisations AGPM (France), ASAJA (Spain), CAP – Agricoltores de Portugal, Confagricultura (Italy), DBV (Germany), MTK (Finland), NFU (UK), and the Public Research and Regulation Initiative (PRRI).
Announcement and programme
The event was attended by over 60 participants, including MEPs, farmers, scientists, as well as representatives of EU institutions, Member states, various associations, and private sector companies.
At the opening of the event, the hosts placed the need for innovation in the broader context of population growth, environmental protection, climate change and the ongoing discussions on the CAP.
Moderator of the debate was Max Schulman, farmer, MTK member and chair of the Copa-Coga Working group on Cereals.
- Innovation as a principle – Dirk Hudig, Secretary General European Risk Forum
- Choices in the regulatory cycle and innovation – Piet van der Meer, Ghent University, Free University of Brussels
- The importance and reform of Comitology – Merijn Chamon, Ghent University
- Precision breeding– Birger Eriksen, Sejet Plant Breeding Director
- Precision farming – Daniel Azevedo, Copa-Cogeca Senior Policy Adviser
Media and other links